Better Planet was contacted by Mr Young who had planning permission to convert a barn to a dwelling. He was interested in finding a heat pump solution in combination with underfloor heating and solar PV.
As there was plenty of land available, we proposed a ground source heat pump solution with horizontal ground collectors.
The heat pump is located in a garage and connected to the main house with buried pre-insulated pipes.
After we had installed the heat pump and the underfloor heating, Mr. Young instructed us to install a 3.4 kWp solar PV system using 10 all-black panels from LG and an inverter from Solis. A special roof mounting system allowing fixing onto the zinc roof without penetration was used.
All black solar PV panels were fitted on the garage roof.
In this case, the property heat loss was 10.6 kW and we specified:
- A Nibe F1155-12kW ground source heat pump, single phase, variable speed compressor
- A 500-litre heat pump cylinder
- A buffer tank
- 4 x 200 m ground collector loops, laid at a depth of 1.2 meters, 1 meter apart
- A ground manifold
- Flow and return pipework connecting the manifold with the heat pump
- Glycol as required
- An electric meter as required by MCS
- MCS certificate and building control notification
“I was delighted with Better Planets service from project design to completion. Professional and friendly all the way.Mr Young
I am now contemplating to add a passive cooling module to the system to get cooling in the summer.”
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us