The Old Farming Barn
The old farming barn took on an extensive renovation to be converted into two office lettings.
As the farm is not on the natural gas grid their options were oil or electric heating. As neither of the options is cheap or efficient to run they sourced an alternative.
Services provided by Better Planet
- A room-by-room heat loss calculation as required by MCS
- Design documented in a Project Planning Pack including:
- Mechanical schematics
- Wiring Diagrams
- Location of main components
- Foundation drawings
- Supply and installation of the heat pump, control unit, and required plumbing items
- MCS certificate and Handover Pack
Better Planet proposed to heat the offices with Air Source Heat Pumps as these provided efficient heating with underfloor heating and a straightforward quick installation. The heat pumps used by Better Planet where NIBE F2040 8kW units controlled by NIBE’s user-friendly SMO20 controller.
- Barn converted into two offices
- NIBE F2040 Air Source Heat Pumps with SMO20 Controllers
- Low temperature heating with underfloor heating
The system is now fully up and running providing a consistent supply of comfortable heating. Better Planet provided a handover to the new tenants to allow them to fully understand the new system and to make changes should they wish.
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us