A heat pump for cooling and heating in Hyde Park
Better Planet was selected to design, supply, and install a brine-to-water heat pump for the Boat House in Hyde Park, London. The thermal energy is collected from the Serpentine Lake by pond mats. The heating is distributed by underfloor heating. We were also instructed to include active cooling for the summer months.
In active cooling mode, the heat pump operates in reverse and produces cold water, with the excess heat going back to the lake via the pond mats. The cold water is accumulated in a 200-litre buffer tank and the cooling is distributed by three fan coil units.
Location: London, Hyde Park
- A 16kW Ground source heat pump
- Heating distribution: Underfloor heating
- Collector: Three pond mats, each with 300m of 32mm polyethylene pipe.
- Cooling Technology: Active cooling
- Cooling distribution: Three fan coil units
- Cold water storage: 200-litre buffer tank
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us