Better Planet was selected to design, supply, install, and commission a Ground Source Heat Pump and Underfloor Heating in connection to an ongoing comprehensive renovation of this Manor House in Hertfordshire.
Our involvement started with a room-by-room heat loss calculation allowing us to size the heat pump and design the underfloor heating.
We also carried out a draft EPC allowing us to accurately predict future payments under the domestic RHI scheme. Heat is collected from a field using 1.2 km of 40mm collector pipe. Groundworks using a trenching machine subcontracted by Better Planet. The collector pipes are connected to a ground manifold and two 63mm pipes connect the manifold and the plant room. Underfloor Heating throughout the property. A screed system on the ground floor and a dry screed system on the first and second floors.
- 16mm PERT pipe from Swedish manufacturer LK
- Manifolds and fittings from Larsson Underfloor
- Dry Screed boards from Manicor
- Controls from Heatmiser
- A F1345 – 30 kW heat pump from Nibe
- One 500 litre and one 300 litre heat pump cylinder
- A 300 litre buffer tank
- Ground manifold
- Four ground loops 300 m each 40mm pipe
- 63mm flow and return
- Estimated RHI payments over 7 years: £69,271
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us