- A heat loss of 5.5 kW at a design outdoor temperature of -2°C.
- Air Source Heat Pump: Nibe F2040 8kW with an output of 7.1 kW at design temperature
- A 40-litre buffer tank
- A 160-litre hot water cylinder
- 7-year parts and labour warranty on NIBE equipment
- Hot water cylinder covered with a 25-year warranty
Services by Better Planet
- A room-by-room heat loss calculation as required by MCS
- Design documented in a Project Planning Pack including
- Mechanical schematics
- Wiring Diagrams
- Location of main components
- Foundation drawings
- A review of the heating distribution system – a combination of radiators and underfloor heating. This review resulted in a recommendation to upgrade radiators in some of the rooms to make it possible to operate the heat pump at a low flow temperature and maximum efficiency.
- A review of noise impact in line with MCS requirements to make sure that the installation was a permitted development.
- Supply and installation of the heat pump, control unit, buffer tank, hot water cylinder, and required plumbing items.
- Supply and installation of the additional radiators for some of the rooms.
- Adjustment of the existing underfloor heating installation.
- MCS certificate.
The new system is made up of a NIBE F2040 8kW air source heat pump, 160ltr NIBE Titanium Megacoil hot water cylinder, 40ltr NIBE UKV40 buffer tank, and an SMO 20 control panel.
As Mr West’s property was built in 2001 the cavity walls were filled during the build,Mr West had to increase his loft insulation to 250mm which helped keep his heat losses to a minimum. Since the heat pump works to a lower flow temperature than the previous system, Better Planet recommended re-sized some radiators to allow the rooms to achieve the correct room temperatures.
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us