3 Air Source Heat Pumps for new build properties in West Berkshire
The three properties had been designed to comply with the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 ensuring the minimum impact on the environment during building and reduced running costs due to the construction method, insulation, and the use of an air source heat pump to provide all heating and hot water.
Location: West Berkshire
- Three New Build Properties
- Code Sustainable Homes Level 4
- NIBE F2040 Air Source Heat Pumps with SMO20 Controllers
- Low-temperature heating with underfloor heating and radiators
Services provided by Better Planet
- A room-by-room heat loss calculation as required by MCS
- Design documented in a Project Planning Pack including:
- Mechanical schematics
- Wiring Diagrams
- Location of main components
- Foundation drawings
- Supply and installation of the heat pump, control unit, hot water cylinder, and required plumbing items.
- MCS certificate and Handover Pack.
Better Planet proposed to heat the properties with ASHPs twinned with underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first. The heat pumps used by Better Planet where NIBE F2040 8kW units controlled by NIBE’s user-friendly SMO20 controller.
The system is now fully up and running providing a consistent supply of comfortable heating and hot water. Better Planet provided a handover to the new tenants to allow them to fully understand the new system and to make changes should they wish.
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us