The Boiler Upgrade Scheme
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) was introduced to aid the decarbonisation of buildings. It will provide upfront capital grants to support the installation of heat pumps in homes and non-domestic buildings. BUS is available for properties located in England and Wales.
Vouchers of £7,500 for air source heat pump installations and £7,500 for ground- and water source installations.
Installers will apply for the voucher based on a quotation agreed with the client. Once the installation is completed, the installer will redeem the voucher and the price to the client will be reduced accordingly.
- For homes and small non-domestic buildings
- For homeowners, private landlords and people who build their own homes (custom builds)
- Installation capacity up to 45kW
- Installers must be MCS certified and member of a consumer code
- Valid EPC issued within the last 10 years
- Cavity wall and loft insulation in place if technically possible
The Smart Export Guarantee – SEG
The smart export guarantee (SEG) is an obligation set by the government for licensed electricity suppliers to offer a tariff and make payment to small-scale low-carbon generators for electricity exported to the National Grid, providing certain criteria are met.
Under this scheme, an owner of a solar PV system gets paid for electricity exported back to the grid. You need to check with your electricity supplier if they are part of the scheme and how much they pay per kWh for the exported electricity.
Like what you see?
Get in touch with our team for further information and advice.Contact us