In order to be eligible for the normal rate of Feed in Tariffs, the property the electricity is fed into must be rated as Band D or above in the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) without taking the solar panels into account in the assessment.  You must have an EPC  when you apply for the Feed in Tariffs. Better Planet can help you with this. If you don’t achive Band D, you will still be eligible for FIT’s, but at a lower level.